Lock in today’s low rate before Wednesday
Forgive me for mentioning our upcoming price change one last time , but the Makoto+ Samurai level monthly price for new subscribers will be $5 a month (or $50 for a year) this Wednesday . Current members and anyone who signs up today will be locked in at the current rate of only $3 a month or $36 a year.
If you are already a member, please ignore this last email about it, but if you aren’t a member, become one now to lock in the lowest price Makoto+ will ever be.
Current Samurai members will still pay only $3 a month (or $36 a year) and the Shogun price will remain the same ($10 a month or $99 a year).
But on Wednesday, we will raise the price for new Samurai members to $5 a month or $50 a year.
If you are not yet a member, here’s your last chance to jump in and lock in the current $3 a month (or $36 a year) rate. As long as you are a current member, your price will never go up.
You see, when we started Makoto over four years ago, we only had the magazine to offer. $3 seemed a reasonable price to charge at the time.
We have always been about offering quality (or at least our very best attempt at quality) AND quantity for a low and reasonable price.
But over the years, we have added so much to the Samurai level. Here are just a few benefits that didn’t exist when we started:
- We added ePub and MOBI versions of the magazine in addition to the PDF to download and keep
- Interactive Web version of the latest issue
- Sound files, QR codes for on demand listening, occasional Anki decks for the story vocabulary, more content in each issue–we’ve made many improvements over the years.
- Weekly sentence breakdowns – one for beginners and one for intermediates with slow and normal speed recordings and complete vocabulary
- Podcast bonus content & access to all past podcasts (over 200 episodes!) Transcripts, sound files, and more for every. single. episode
- Monthly freebie to download and keep from our extensive library of books on various Japanese topics
- Bonus content for most TheJapanesePage.com lessons & sleep stories
- Two free Makoto+ courses (Hiragana and JLPT N5 Kanji)
- Reusable 10% off TheJapanShop.com coupon
- All for only $3 a month (if you sign up before Wednesday!).
So, if you have been thinking about joining at the Samurai level, now is the time to jump in . If you become a member today, you will only pay $3 a month for all the above. And that will never change until you cancel (which you can do at any time).
Or perhaps you would prefer to upgrade to the Shogun or Lifetime membership?
Shogun and Lifetime members have all that Samurai has to offer plus much more (Reusable 20% off TheJapanShop.com coupon; unlimited access to all Makoto+ online courses; all Makoto back issues in web format; all past sentence lessons; many of our books in web format; and more)
While we are not raising the Shogun ($10 a month or $99 a year) or Lifetime ($249) on Wednesday, I guarantee those prices are the lowest they will ever be.
If you have any questions, please hit reply. I (Clay) would love to hear from you.
I’ll leave with one final word:
Clay & Yumi